Yuma Chamber of Commerce is hiring an Executive Director to represent and advocate for its valued members. The Director is responsible for effectively leading the organization such that it successfully achieves its mission of service to members. This is a 20-30 hours/week position.
Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce is key representative and serves as an advocate for local businesses and employers in Yuma.
Job Description and Scope
The Executive Director is employed by the Board of Directors of the Yuma Chamber of Commerce and is responsible for effectively leading the organization such that it successfully achieves its mission of service to members. The Executive Director must present a professional and positive image to both members and the greater Yuma community as a whole.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Self-Motivated Worker
- Computer Skills (Google Drive, Quickbooks, Microsoft, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with and communicating with members and community members
- Self-Driven and comfortable working independently
- Ability to multitask
- Drive to organize and delegate for Chamber events
Chosen candidate will be required to pass a background check upon hire.
Job Description and Scope
In accordance with Chamber bylaws, policies, and annual performance goals established by the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for:
- Build and Support Positive Member Relationships
- Help Lead and Support the Chamber Board of Directors
- Maintain an effective method of communication with the members
- Discover educational opportunities for members and organize them
- Community Connection and Interaction
- Organize Community Events that Support Chamber Businesses
- Help to Advertise and Market for Businesses
- Continue Creating and Upholding Benefits for Members
- Manage social media channels to provide valuable content to members and community
- Creating Content to Share with Community
- Provide all necessary information and materials to inform the Board, elected officials, partner agencies, and membership on appropriate issues
- Maintain effective internal and external public relations
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Chamber in conjunction with the President
- Maintaining and managing general control of expenditures, billing, and collection of member dues.
- Maintain legal integrity of the Chamber of Commerce and coordinate meetings of the Board of Directors and others affiliated with the Chamber.
For consideration please submit:
- Brief resume
- 3 personal references
- 3 professional references
- A letter of introduction and statement of interest
- Compensation requirements
Please deliver the above to Board President, Candy Gilliland at Yuma City Hall or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will be filed by mid March.
For more information please call 970-848-2704.